Come and Take It is a talk show about Texas, by Texans. Three friends born and raised in Texas share their views on the state’s history, culture, and just what it means to be Texan.
22 minutesDownload MP3 audio
For fifteen years, a former bowling hall was the greatest music venue in the Lone Star State. From Bob Wills to Johnny Cash to Tina Turner to Willie Nelson, some of the biggest music names in the world walked the famed stage of Fort Worth’s Panther Hall.
Before we begin… What’s your favorite place to look at dinosaur bones in Texas?
- The Official Panther Hall website
- 2015 Star-Telegram article about Panther Hall
- 2008 Star-Telegram article about Willie Nelson recording in Panther Hall
- An early ZZ Top flyer for a Panther Hall show
- Listen to Charlie Pride performing at Panther Hall
- A good blog post about the forgotten history of Panther Hall
Do you want to stay up-to-date with everything Come and Take It and be the first to know when a new show comes out? Sign up for our mailing list, and get information delivered straight to your inbox. We promise not to share your information with anyone.
* indicates required fields