Come and Take It is a talk show about Texas, by Texans. Three friends born and raised in Texas share their views on the state’s history, culture, and just what it means to be Texan.
26 minutesDownload MP3 audio
They were the heroes of Texas wrasslin’, the legends of Dallas’ world famous Sportatorium, and the idols of millions. For a few years their star shined brighter than any in the Lone Star State before heartbreaking tragedy destroyed their empire. This week we look at part two of the triumph and tragedy of Texas’ greatest wrestling dynasty.
Before we begin… Who’s your favorite Texas golfer?
- The official website of the Von Erich Family, the first family of Texas Wrestling
- Six Brothers, a great write-up by Texas Monthly about the rise and fall of the Von Erichs.
- Blood, Sweat and Fire: Dallas’ Heroes Helped Make Wrestlemania a Sports Powerhouse. The Dallas Observer tells their version of the tale.
- _The Fall of the House of Von Erich, a very eerie article from 1988; after the deaths of Mike and David Von Erich, but before the suicides of Chris and Kerry.
- Pintrest page on the Von Erichs, lots of cool pictures
Glen Goza sings the tribute song to David Von Erich, Heaven Needed a Champion
Glen Goza also sang the R-A-S-S-L-I-N at the 1985 Parade of Champions… we were Rasslin!
Do you want to stay up-to-date with everything Come and Take It and be the first to know when a new show comes out? Sign up for our mailing list, and get information delivered straight to your inbox. We promise not to share your information with anyone.
* indicates required fields