Come and Take It is a talk show about Texas, by Texans. Three friends born and raised in Texas share their views on the state’s history, culture, and just what it means to be Texan.
31 minutesDownload MP3 audio
We’ve spent a lot of time on this show talking about the landscape of Texas: literal, cultural, and historical. But one thing we haven’t explored very much is what’s under the landscape: caves. The Central Texas limestone that has supplied building materials for so many Texan landmarks is also home to several high-quality and fascinating caverns that you can go visit today.
General Cave Stuff
- Show caves on the official web site of the Texas Speleological Survey
- A map of caves in Texas
- What’s a show cave?
- What’s a solutional cave?
- What’s a speleothem?
- All about Inner Space from the Texas Speleological Survey
- The official web site of Inner Space
- Facebook page for Inner Space
Natural Bridge Caverns
Do you want to stay up-to-date with everything Come and Take It and be the first to know when a new show comes out? Sign up for our mailing list, and get information delivered straight to your inbox. We promise not to share your information with anyone.
* indicates required fields