Come and Take It is a talk show about Texas, by Texans. Three friends born and raised in Texas share their views on the state’s history, culture, and just what it means to be Texan.
23 minutesDownload MP3 audio
Texas if full of iconic imagery: The Lone Star Flag, the Alamo, cowboy hats, pickup trucks, and—perhaps most iconically—cowboy boots. Today we’re talking about some of the people who put Texan footwear on the map.
- Texans and Their Boots: Reflections From a Few of Our Favorite People is the article that inspired this episode.
- The Wikipedia entry on cowboy boots makes a good primer.
- Entries from The Texas Handbook Online for H.J. “Daddy Joe” Justin, the Tony Lama Boot Company, and Salvatore (Sam) Lucchese
- A great timeline of the Lucchese boot legacy
- A BusinessWeek profile on Tecovas from June 2019 tells all the high points of this relatively new player in bootmaking.
Do you want to stay up-to-date with everything Come and Take It and be the first to know when a new show comes out? Sign up for our mailing list, and get information delivered straight to your inbox. We promise not to share your information with anyone.
* indicates required fields